- Information expert: put the responsibility of handling inputs on the class that owns the inputs (coupling, encapsulation)
- Low coupling
- Protected variations
- Indirection: compare with Adapter pattern
- Polymorphism: compare with Strategy pattern
- High cohesion: focus classes around one responsibility; compare with SOLID
- Pure fabrication: compare with Facade pattern
- Controller: an example of previous
Interior design resources
The cost of inconvenience
It’s interesting how long you can put up with something for. You make the judgement that it’s less important than the job you’re tasked with. And two years later you’re still doing some weird startup sequence. Or you type a password a few times because you can’t be bothered sharing SSH keys.
Perhaps occasionally we should stop to review our processes?